- Practise Phonics SET 1 and SET 2 sounds using https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- Phonics Play – https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ Username: march20 Password: home
- Hit the Button (Times tables, doubles and halves and Number bond practise) https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Fun Maths games: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/kids-activities/fun-maths-games-and-activities/
- Writing activities – https://www.pobble365.com/
- Stories read by celebrities – www.storylineonline.net
Please click the link for Maths English and Foundation subject activities
Select year group your child is in, then the subject you wish to study. It will then take you through a series of activities including a video with a real teacher from the UK Foundation includes science, music and History lessons.
Year 1 Additional Literacy Activities:
- Play with your pet gamehttps://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/games/my-pet-and-me-game
- Read ‘A Vet’s Week’ on Oxford Owlhttps://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/api/interactives/29264.html Listen to The Odd Pet by Julia Donaldson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMah2_li9g8 – Create a new type of pet like Zog. Draw a picture, label it and then write a short description.
Year 2 Additional Literacy Activities:
- Revolting Rhymes is made up of six fairy stories ‘with a twist.’
They are all available to listen to on Youtube via the links below. When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
- Jack and the Beanstalk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAoCUN4toE
- Cinderella https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLmNG5EbHvc
- The Three Little Pigs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5DS2DnsJ04
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolfhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3uVQIhSYfY
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUlq2OA_Z0M
- Goldilocks and the Three Bearshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxHn2v3dz5E Which is your favourite and why? Write a review recommending your favourite to a friend!
- The film Revolting Rhymes (2016), combines some of the stories above and can be accessed in two parts:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52E05DAN_4 (Part One) Note: PG certificate
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKhraBhAABA (Part Two) Note: PG certificate
Enjoy watching together. Can you identify each of the characters? Can you pause and predict what is going to happen next? Discuss how the film makers have combined the different tales. Would you recommend the film to a friend and why?