Year 1 Additional Literacy Activities:
Year 2 Additional Literacy Activities:
- Revolting Rhymes is made up of six fairy stories ‘with a twist.’
They are all available to listen to on Youtube via the links below. When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
- Jack and the Beanstalk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAoCUN4toE
- Cinderella https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLmNG5EbHvc
- The Three Little Pigs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5DS2DnsJ04
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolfhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3uVQIhSYfY
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUlq2OA_Z0M
- Goldilocks and the Three Bearshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxHn2v3dz5E
Which is your favourite and why? Write a review recommending your favourite to a friend!
- The film Revolting Rhymes (2016), combines some of the stories above and can be accessed in two parts:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52E05DAN_4 (Part One) Note: PG certificate
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKhraBhAABA (Part Two) Note: PG certificate
Enjoy watching together. Can you identify each of the characters? Can you pause and predict what is going to happen next? Discuss how the film makers have combined the different tales. Would you recommend the film to a friend and why?